Monday 21 May 2012

Making My Skirt

From my designs I decided to make a skirt which looked like it was cracked. The shape is simple but I feel like it captures my theme. I decided to use knitted wire for the cracked parts then used wax and pearls on the fabric to give it the bumpy texture my egg sculptures had.


I cut out the shapes using brown paper, then pinned these shapes onto half a skirt I used as a pattern to make my skirt from.

I then knitted lengths of wire and stitched them onto the pieces of material, which took forever!

I sewed both halves of the skirt then sewed them together leaving a bit open at the left hand side so the garment can open and close. I attached two pieces of wire that I put pearls onto to either side of the opening. To close the skirt you just wrap the two pieces of wire together.



I then poured the wax and pearls onto the pieces of the skirt in peach and lemon to match my colour story. I had to put tinfoil between the skirt to stop the sides sticking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment