Friday 4 May 2012

Sculpture week

I have decided to go with the brittle concept board and use eggs within my sculpture. I wanted to try making some wax eggs and also paper mache eggs. I found the wax eggs to be more successful and also they were more enjoyable to do. I emptied the egg yolk at white out of the egg then smashed it a bit and poured melted wax inside.I broke off the egg shell once the wax had dried. I played around with colour by putting some crayon shavings into the wax varying the amount to strengthen the colour.

This was my first attempt at the wax egg which I am really proud about because it turned out how I wanted.






I also painted the wax onto pieces of the broken egg too to see if this would be successful and it was! These pieces were really delicate and easy to break, bringing across the brittle theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment